Revegetation is a process of rebuilding idle or a damaged land. It is a method of designing and developing a piece of unused land by planting native plants and trees. It has the capacity to treat and reinvigorate unused or seldom used property.
In contrast to a regular planting service, revegetation is pre-planned, from land design to soil compatibility to the type of plants to be used on a specific area. Landowners avail of revegetation services for them to improve an undeveloped piece of land. The benefits of revegetation services are as follows:
● Controls soil erosion
● Bush remnant preservation
● Preventing run offs, especially with fertilizers
● Encourages native animal species to the area
● Enhances the look of the property
Revegetation, It’s Not As Easy As You Think
Revegetation can only be effective with a proper landscape or environmental analysis. It is only when you plan the design of your revegetation that you can boost the look of your property and profit from it.
It is important that your plan should be able to factor in the natural structure of your land and its landscape in context before doing any planting. This will save you time, money and resources in the process.
Some native plants grow only specific areas or environments. As a landowner, you have to be more sensitive to the needs of your plants and your land. You can’t just plant anything at random in areas for revegetation. The plants need to be compatible with the soil, environment, land use, and impact.
Any human activity (planting, building, demolition, and other forms of land use) should be factored in planning an area for revegetation. As much as possible, it should be in the context of current and future use of the land, not just enhancing the appearance of it.
You need to be able to plan your revegetation keeping in mind any human activity along the way as part of the process, particularly in minimizing its impact on your property.
And this can be made possible through enhancement planting. Native plants have an inherent trait to revitalize the land. With the use of enhancement planting, you preserve the soil of your land from erosions and damages.
Also, enhancement planting uses native plants. This encourages the propagation of native birds, restoring its natural ecosystem .
Long Term Benefits Of Availing Professional Revegetation Services
Revegetation done the right way has long term gains like:
● Expedient approval of land use consent approval. Issues regarding land use and resource consent application are in the minimum because of minimized environmental impact.
● It is also cost-efficient. You are not in any way doing your planting at random, and because of it, less resources are used. A well-implemented revegetation can be completed quickly, depending on the size and complexity of the project.
● There is enough room for improvement. With your design, you maximize every available area of your land, providing enough space for human use while protecting the environment.
● Maintenance is done efficiently and at a minimum. Revegetation services would help with maintenance, which means less cost and effort.
● There are also benefits from the government with revegetation. In New Zealand, for instance, where pre-planting site and planting plan assessment are done with annual monitoring to ensure correct revegetation process. Revegetation with protected species or areas with protected animals are given government protections and grants.
As a landowner, it would wise to hire a professional revegetation expert. Revegetation is a meticulous process. If you want to save time and money, it’s best to consult with a revegetation services expert.